2nd Congress of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Bylaws for participants of the 2020 Minimally Invasive Surgery Congress
§1. Initial provisions
1. The present Bylaws set the conditions for participation in the ‘Minimally Invasive Surgery Congress’ that will take place in Lublin, between 15.10. and 17.10.2020, and will hereinafter be referred to as the ‘Conference’.
2. The executive organizer is the Wydawnictwo Czelej Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Lublin, at ul. Skrajna 12-14, NIP 712-24-12-888, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organizer’.
3. The official web service of the Conference is found at: www.kongreschmi.eu
4. The Conference is an exclusive event and is not a mass event pursuant to the Act of 23 March 2009 on safety of mass events (Polish Journal of Laws “Dz.U.” of 2009, no. 62, item 504, as amended).
§ 2. Registration of Participants
1. Persons billing to participate in the Conference can register with use of:
a. electronic registration system, available at www.kongreschmi.eu, ‘Register’ tab.
b. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by writing the title of conference as subject. Please provide: the name and surname of participant, the correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number and full invoicing details (if applicable); in your e-mail.
c. personal registration prior to the start of the Conference (subject to availability of open places).
2. The precondition for registration are the completion of registration form/provision of relevant data and acceptance of present Bylaws.
3. After completion of form an e-mail will be sent to the address provided, confirming acceptance of application form and including all data necessary to perform payment, or in case of on-line payment – confirmation of Conference participation.
4. Shall the information indicated in item 3 §2 fail to reach you within 24 hours, the Participant should contact the Organizer with use of the following e-mail address: email@example.com
5. The Participant is obliged to make payment connected with his/her participation in the Conference pursuant to the price list, as included in these Bylaws and published on Conference webpage.
6. The submission of registration data pursuant to § 2. Item 1 corresponds to consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with Article. 13 paragraph. 1 and mouth. 2 General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April 2016 for purposes of Conference organization, and also that their e-mail address will be used by the Organizer to send organizational information and commercial or marketing communication of Conference partners to the Conference Participants.
7. In accordance with Article 13 s. 1 and s. 2 of the general regulation on the protection of personal data of April 27, 2016. The administrator of personal data is Wydawnictwo Czelej sp. z o.o. with registered office in Lublin, at ul. Skrajna 12-14. Providing personal data for marketing purposes is voluntary. The person subject has the right to inspect their personal data and amend it, cancel and delete it.
8. In case of group applications the Participant declares, that before sending the data of prospective participants he or she acquired their consent to participate in the Conference and for processing of their personal data by Organizer for purposes related with order completion.
9. §3 of the present Bylaws sets the payment conditions and costs of participation in the Conference. Current prices are also available at the Conference webpage, ‘Register’ tab.
§ 3. Payment conditions and cost of participation
1. We accept traditional wire transfers, on-line transfers, debit and credit card payments that are processed with use of the PayU.pl system.
2. Bank transfers should be made within 7 days of submission of registration application to the following bank details: Bank Ochrony Środowiska S.A. O/Lublin account no.: PL67 1540 1144 2114 6406 8224 0004, account holder: Wydawnictwo Czelej Sp. z o.o., ul. Skrajna 12-14, 20-802 Lublin, transfer for: Conference name, name and surname of participant/company
3. Payment date is the date the Organizer’s account is credited.
4. Participation cost:
Information will be given at a later date.
5. The price includes participation in the Conference, congress publications, catering and additional materials for Conference Participants.
6. The Participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses connected with their participation in the Conference.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to introduce time-limited promotional offers concerning the Conference.
8. Promotional actions may in particular take the form of discounts, rebates, participation in additional events or payment for limited access to the event, competitions, etc.
9. Registered participants who paid prior to such promotional event may not demand the return of part or whole of their participation contributions solely on the ground of the promotional action of the Organizer.
10. The Participants who paid for their participation in the Conference will receive a receipt from the Organizer. Only after direct instruction from the Participants, i.e. provision of “invoicing details” a full VAT invoice will be issued.
11. Prices for Promotional and Advertisement Services will be agreed individually in separate contracts.
§ 4. Withdrawal of Participant
1. The Participant has the right to withdraw from participating in the Conference by submitting written Conference withdrawal notice to the Office of the Organizer at the following address: Wydawnictwo Czelej Sp. z o.o., ul. Skrajna 14, 20-802 Lublin or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your envelope/title your e-mail with: Withdrawal from participation in the ‘2020 Congress of Minimally Invaisive Surgery’ Conference + name and surname of the participant.
2. In case the resignation will be notified no later that 14 days prior to the start date of the Conference the Participant will receive a 50% refund of the sums paid. In case the notification is made no sooner than on that date, the Participant will not be entitled to any compensation.
3. The sums payable will be returned to the Participant by wire transfer or postal order within 14 days of reception withdrawal notice by the Organizer.
4. No payment will be construed as resignation from participation in the Conference.
5. Failure to make payment on the designated date will result in accrual of statutory interest.
§ 5. Complaints
1. All complaints of Conference Participants concerning the Organizer should be submitted in writing, by certified mail, to the address of the Organizer, no later than 7 days after the end of Conference. After that date no further complaints will be considered.
2. Complaints will be considered within 14 days of their reception.
3. The Participants will be notified about acceptance or rejection of their complaint in writing, to the address indicated in their registration form.
4. The complaints concerning the participation in the Exhibition, e.g. concerning the actual size of stand, its location etc. should be submitted no later than during the Exhibition, i.e. before the stands are dismantled.
§ 6. Insurance and responsibility
1. The Organizer does not insure not bear any responsibility for the property and personal effects of the Participants that are damaged, lost, stolen or mislaid, nor for damages caused by Participants or force majeure. The aforesaid does not include damages that were knowingly caused by the Organizer.
2. Independent from legal basis in no case the Organizer will be held liable for loss of profit, loss of data, software or their returning to their previous state, and the consequences of discontinuity of business activities. The Participants are fully responsible for all damages they cause, both on the premises, and in any places actions connected with the Conference take place.
3. Conference Participants are obliged to observe safety rules, H&S and Fire Safety regulations in place of the object where the Conference is held.
4. It is forbidden to record images and sound without the consent of Organizer.
5. The participation application is equal to consent to transfer, free of charge, to the Organizer all copyrights resulting from the 4 February 1994 Act on copyright and related rights (Journal of Laws “Dz.U.” of 2006, no. 90, item 631, as amended) to all pictures, and recordings taken during the Conference that include the image of Participant or its representatives for the purpose of their use in promotional, reference, scientific or educational materials, including those published on Organizer’s or its subsidiaries’ webpage, in line with regulations in place and without additional consideration from the Organizer.
6. The aforesaid regulation concerns situations in which the Participant or its representative is photographed or filmed together with other Conference participants during activities, and also when the Participant or its representative granted their consent for a filmed interview or staged photograph.
7. The consent for use of image can be withdrawn at any time, with the reservation that such a withdrawal of consent does not include the advertisement, promotional and marketing materials that were produced prior to such a withdrawal of consent.
8. The participation of participants in respective parts of Conference can be verified and monitored, e.g. by checking attendance lists, ID badges or with use of electronic systems.
9. Entry to the exhibition of pharmaceutical companies is limited to persons who are entitled to issue prescriptions and persons who trade with medical products. Due to safety concerns the organizers are required to enforce ID presentation at this point.
§ 7. Personal data and cookies
§ 8. Final provisions
1. The Organizer reserves the right to call off the Conference, or change its date, place or the respective items of schedule without justification.
2. In the aforesaid case the Participants will receive a full refund of their Conference participation fee within 30 days of the decision to call off the Conference.
3. The Participants have no right to claim any damages from the Organizer, connected with cancellation of the Conference, change of its date, place or the respective items of schedule.
4. The Participants are obliged to be familiar with the present Bylaws.
5. These Bylaws come in force on March 12th, 2019.